Saturday, August 06, 2005

Back from Mex and Making much of God

Truly I am in love with my Lord Jesus Christ, and my aim is simply to make much of God! As most of you know, I just returned from a 6 week missions trip to Caborca and Hermosillo Mexico. It was an amazing time in my life and God abundantly provided opportunities for me to serve and honor Him while I was there. Now, I am back in Chandler Arizona ready to continue being a missionary here in the states. God definitely confirmed in my heart that I really want to be a missionary for the rest of my life; yet, he also confirmed that my destination will not be in a foreign country, but here in the states. I learned that though it is necessary and awesome to send missionaries to foreign countries, my place is here. I also learned that being a missionary is really being one who passionately makes the most of God wherever they are at. Thus, I will give my life for the Lord here in Chandler or Gilbert, or wherever he desires to station me. Truly I am in a battle for the Lord, and in a race to win the prize. I have already jumped back in to my ministry with the jr high students and parents of EVBC and I just am so excited about what He will do through me this next year. I have often been told that we need to leave our fingerprints on the lives of others. My goal this year is to leave a lasting impact on those around me, and that they would have fingerprints in their lives that urge them to love the Lord with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength. To all who sent and prayed for me in Mexico, I can’t even begin to thank you enough. God did some radical things in my heart and in the people I ministered to; Now, I am stoked about living for Him.

“Dear Lord, make me live to make much of you! Allow me the pleasure of living my life to your glory wherever I am at. May you be honored in my life, and may I live to bring a smile to your face alone!”
Making much of God,
Brent Klontz

1 Comments:

Blogger rustypth said...

I'm so proud of you man. Our nation needs evangelists as much as any nation. May the Lord grant many opportunities to boldly preach the Gospel, as you should (and as we all should).

I'm still takin you out to dinner. Call me when you're bak in town

4:53 PM, August 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home