Monday, July 04, 2005

Citizenship in Heaven

Philippians 3:20-21
20 But our CITIZENSHIP IS IN HEAVEN, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself.


Well today is the first July 4th that I have been away from my own country. Though the Paaschs left me with a few small American flags before they left back to Gilbert (and I already miss them), I was reminded that my citizenship is not in the U.S. with fireworks and hot dogs. My citizenship is in heaven where I will worship my God and King forever and ever.

Though it is a little wierd to be in a different country on a day like July 4th where no one celibrates that day, this day has proved to be such an amazing day of reflection. To be able to ponder the truth that I am a child of the King and I am only on this earth for a very short time is really what I should be thinking about all of the time. The Bible says that my life is only but a vapor. I am simply like the grass of the field that will soon whither and die. What lasts forever is my citizenship that is in heaven. This is a citizenship that can never perish spoil or fade and it is kept in heaven for all believers:

I Peter 1:3-5
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, 5 who by God’s power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

A fleeting vapor and a piece of grass, but a citizen of heaven, Brent

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home