Monday, May 16, 2005

Graduation, Freedom, and Contentment

About a week ago, I finished the last ASU school final of my life, and last Thursday night I finally graduated. Yep, I now officially have a Bachelor of Science in Business Management from the W.P. Carey School of Business. I am so thankful to finally be free from the frustrating struggles of late night studying, the tedious papers, and the many group projects and presentations. Though I feel completely free from many of these struggles, life still goes on, and I am reminded that contentment only rests in the continual understanding that God is in control over all aspects of life. I never want to fall into the trap of the “I’ll be happy when” syndrome. I want to be continually joyful and content through every aspect of my life. Unless I am resting in the shadow of God’s almighty wings, I will never be happy once I finish college, get the job, get the wife, get the house, get the 4 wheelers, etc, etc. Paul said in Philippians 4 that he had learned the secret of being content through all circumstances . . . Paul said that the secret was the knowledge that he could do all things through Christ who gave him strength. AMEN!!

Truly I have learned a ton these last three years in college, but the best part of my college career was getting to the end and knowing that I have awesome family and friends who love me. As I was walking down the aisle to get my diploma I think that I had the loudest yelling crowd cheering my name as it was called. Having my family, Bapa and Nanny, the Paasch family, and my friend Clint Smith cheering me on meant so much. I figure the degree is pretty important, but what means more to me than a piece of paper is my family and friends who love me so much to sit through the most boring two hour presentation one could ever suffer through . . . thanks all for making me feel like a million bucks that night . . . thanks even to the Silly String Sisters, though vengeance shall be had . . . blah ha ha ha ha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home