Monday, July 04, 2005

I Went to Jail!!

No, I wasn’t thrown in jail if that is what you were thinking! I actually had a chance to visit a prison for young boys this last week. I went with the missionary here in Hermosillo (Greg Neufeld), a couple people from the church here, and also a few guys from a short term team that were here from Tucson last week.

As I reflect upon what I studied that morning in the Word, and then what I did that afternoon in the prison, I am extremely encouraged!! I was studying on being imprisoned to sin and to the law as I read in Galatians 3 . . . it was later that day that I had a chance to go to the boys prison (ages 13-16). I went into a cell with Greg Neufeld, David from Agua Viva, a couple of guys from the Tucson short term team, and then the 20 or so boys that were in the cell we went to. In that time I was so encouraged by the way God allowed us to be used. We started by singing some songs on the guitar, and then Greg asked me to share either my testimony, a story, or something else as he translated. So, I decided to share the gospel for about the next 30 minutes. Through Greg as my interpreter, I shared the whole gospel story staring from Creation to Judgment. I left these guys with the thought that there are only two ways to live and I asked them which road they were on. Most of them said, “infierno” (hell), so I made sure that they knew that there was a hope for their lives if they repent of their sin and turn to Christ as their savior and Lord. It was so exciting to be able to see their eyes as I was sharing with them. God miraculously blessed my tongue and it was such a blessing to be poured out as I gave a defense for the hope that I have. After being in the cell for about and hour, we went outside and I started talking with a few of the kids that were allowed to go into the courtyard for a while. Some boys were playing soccer, some basketball, and others were just standing around. I decided to go up to one of the boys that was just hanging by himself, and I found that he was actually deaf. Another boy (Jose Manuel) came up and we started communicating and he was able to have Eduardo read his lips to be able to understand what I was attempting to say. As I began talking with them I really wanted to just show them the love of Christ since I had really already had a long chance to share the gospel earlier.

As I was talking to the boys I wanted to hear more about their own stories. Both Eduardo and Jose Manuel were in jail for stealing. Eduardo was only 16 years old, he had a girl friend named Alicia and two baby boys at home, and he was in jail for stealing a car. WOW, the next time I think I have it pretty hard, I think I will try and remember Eduardo . . . though I didn’t say anything about Christ with Eduardo, as we had to leave after a few hours, he came up to me with a big smile on his face and gave me a hug.

“Dear Lord, thank you so much for allowing me to be your ambassador to that boy’s prison. I beg you to save your chosen in that prison and I intercede on behalf of Eduardo, Jose Manuel, and Heraldo dear Lord . . . save them! Thank you for making these boys in your image and I ask that you would allow them to come to know you and experience a joy and peace that is truly indescribable. You mean the world to me, and I thank you so much for opening my eyes to You. I love you, but help me to love you more! Amen!”


Keep praying for me and if you would like to be on my Mexico email list please let me know!


Brent Klontz
brentklontz@yahoo.com
http://brentklontz.blogspot.com/

Matthew 25:36 “. . . I was in prison, and you came to Me.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home