Thursday, July 14, 2005

WOW!

Wow! This is a word that just seems to really sum up the last week here in Hermosillo.

One of the prayer requests that I asked you all to pray specifically for was the devotional times that I would be giving to the short term Canadian team that is serving here. I asked specifically that you would pray for the time that I had last night as I specifically met with just the guys on the team. We had an amazing time last night of fellowship, accountability, and etc . . . a time that God really showed up and used to impact many hearts.

Last night I also asked the question to the team of what God has been doing in their lives as they have been serving here in Mexico. My Mexican brother Jorge had a chance to respond. With almost tears in his eyes he thanked God for allowing me to get to know him and teach him not just the drums but to love God more. This was so encouraging to me as sometimes it is very hard to gage impact.

This last week has also been extremely encouraging as we have been having a kids club for the last four days to about 60 Spanish neighborhood kids. Though only God knows hearts, after a few days of consistently sharing the gospel, playing games, memorizing scripture, and etc, 9 kids gave their lives to the Lord. Though I know that time and fruit will be the true judge of genuine conversion, it has been so sweet to see the gospel being faithfully shared . . . and truly it is the gospel that is the power of salvation to all who believe . . . children and adults.

Praise His name for all that He does. Love you all,

Brent

1 Comments:

Blogger rustypth said...

praise God that He has chosen to save 9 sinners during this trip

3:49 PM, July 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home