Friday, July 22, 2005

Just 9 days left in Mexico

To my dear friends and family,
7-22-05

I can hardly believe that I have already spent nearly five weeks in Mexico . . . and in just 10 days (July 31st), I’ll be coming home again!! I have definitely been blessed so far on this trip, and I have learned so much through serving the Lord.

However, God has blessed me with 8 full days left, and I want to make the most of each of them. My last couple weeks are being spent living with a family from the church, and I am so grateful for their hospitality.

There are a few strategic things that I want to accomplish as I am here for the remainder of the time:

1. I want to be a witness to the Christian family that I am staying with. They just left the Catholic church about 2 years ago, and one of their struggles is having a love for the Word of God . . . I would love to be able to encourage them to love the Bible. Last night I was kind of able to do this as I was able to talk about Psalm 119. Since they speak pretty good English, they actually asked me to quote some of it . . . what a blessing it was to share the Word of God.
2. I want to make sure that the three drum students I currently have (Jorge, Julio, and David) would continue to progress so as to be a blessing to the music ministry of Agua Viva.
3. I will be planning a two day retreat for the youth of the church that will happen next week. I really would love for this time to be an experience of revival in their relationship with Christ and each other.
4. I want to keep learning Spanish . . . today I had my second official Spanish lesson, but there is just so much to learn! I will have a total of 3 more lessons next week.
5. Also, Gregorio the missionary here wanted me to create list of things that Agua Viva leaders could do in order to have a more effective ministry here. Therefore, I want to create a thorough list of ways that could help the church and just remind them of some of the core fundamentals of the church. I specifically want to really give some practical ideas that could help the youth be more spurred on to love the Lord . . . discipleship, teaching, service, evangelism, Bible study, and life application.
6. Finally, in all that I do, I want to glorify God with my life and love him with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength.

Thank you all so much for your prayers! I love and miss you all!

For the Glory of His name, Brent

1 Comments:

Blogger rustypth said...

...almost home!!!

4:47 PM, July 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home