Wednesday, October 11, 2006

“I’ve been blinded for 29 years”

Last night at 7ten, God showed his amazing goodness in allowing the gospel to be proclaimed. After the message and worship, people were hanging out, and I started talking to a guy named Al. He just moved to AZ, and a Christian girl (who had only been 1 time to 7ten), invited him to come. It was his first time there and I just started getting to know him. As we began dialoguing, he just let me know that he was not sure where he was at with God, but Al knew he was at 7ten for a reason. Not wanting to waste an opportunity, I asked him if he thought he was a good person. He said yes, so I walked him through some of the Ten Commandments. I asked him again if he thought he was a good person after he had seen that he had broken the first four I shared with him. He was shocked to discover that with all his Catholic background, he had never shown that he was a sinner and in need of a savior. His friend Rachel and I then shared the gospel for the next 20 minutes, and I know that he is now wrestling with truth. He said that he had been blinded his whole life and that no one had ever shown him the truth of his sin. I praise God for the power of the gospel, and for using me to share it. Al gladly took a Bible and said that he would read it to find out more about who God truly is. Praise His name. . . More updates to come as they unfold with this story.

2 Comments:

Blogger rustypth said...

Brent - praise God and amen! Thank you for preaching the gospel. Might the Lord be pleased to regenerate Al from death to life, if He wills.

Rusty

2:19 PM, October 12, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Brent, I'm always encouraged by your evalgelistic enthusiasm. It's a good reminder that we should never assume someone's salvation.

5:44 PM, October 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home