Thursday, July 27, 2006

Reasons I miss living with the folks

Well, this blog goes out to my amazing family . . . though I’m out living at my own place having a great time, there are still so many things I miss about not living with my fam. Here are a few:

1. The amazing food all the time

2. The candy drawer

3. The late night conversations when I tell my mom if there is a certain girl I’m interested in at the time

4.The fridge always full of FREE sodas

5. The fresh baked items all the time (chocolate chip cookies, brownies, banana bread, chocolate chip muffins, rice crispy treats, etc.)

6. Coming home and having one of my sisters quickly ask, “what can I get you for dinner (for FREE)?”

7. Family dinners where my mom asks such great questions like: what’s God doing in your heart, what’s been the best part of your week, what’s been your favorite vacation, how’s life, and many more

8. Back massages if I’m really sore

9. Seeing my parents steadfast consistency in the ways my dad disciples men and my mom disciples women

10. Emptying my trash into the bigger hall trash can and getting a reaction from my sister Kaydee

11. Taking a shower in my sister’s bathroom and rearranging their very orderly towels

12. Getting my sister Kristi to give some kind of sigh of disgust as I make a bathroom joke or something

13. Living next door to my Bapa and Nanny

14. Going over to my Nanny’s house and being quickly offered: waffles, French toast, hashbrowns, bacon, toast, and every other type of delicious breakfast food item I can think of

15. The pool and hot tub

16. Chasing the dog when he gets in one of those really super hyper moods

17. Getting into theological conversations with my dad

18. My padded toilet seat which I shall go and steal any day now

19. Having my brother Barry as a personal technician for any tech question or
problem I can’t solve on my own

20. Telling my mom about my day at the good ol’ B of A

21. Did I mention FREE food?

22. Seeing the whole family just hang out together

23. Much, much more!

12 Comments:

Blogger rustypth said...

you make some compelling points =). i am about to embark on the great journey you have already started, and move out on my own. w00t =)

12:34 AM, July 28, 2006  
Blogger Amy said...

Wow! All those things are so true about your family...it's actually kind of depressing to think about it cause I haven't gotten to hang out over there in awhile...just being busy with everyday life and stuff...but I'm sure there are benefits to having your own home!! right???

10:59 AM, July 28, 2006  
Blogger Brent Klontz said...

Indeed Amy, there are definitely some awesome benefits of having my own place!

Casey- Good luck and woot!

12:56 PM, July 28, 2006  
Blogger Jonathan Roberts said...

Hey Brent!

For the brief time that I've known you, Barry, and Bryan, I have been tremendously not just by how much you all LOVE our Lord, but also by how much you love EACH OTHER. It is truly are rarity to find such a family that loves as the Lord loves. And even though I only know half of you, I am tremendously blessed to know the Klontzes.

And yes, free food will make any single young college boy gleeful.

;)

11:18 AM, July 29, 2006  
Blogger Jonathan Roberts said...

*...tremendously encouraged...*

*It is truly a rarity...*

lol, sorry. I guess I should proofread before I post.

;)

1:36 AM, July 30, 2006  
Blogger JJ Buckingham said...

Ah yes, the free food and free other stuff is what is part of what is holding me back from moving out on my own. The other part is that I would struggle to make it financially. I hope to be able to do that some day soon. Everyone I have talked to about moving out tells me that they think it is a good experience, and I agree that I will be good for me when the time comes.

9:21 AM, July 30, 2006  
Blogger Heather said...

That was actually quite funny. Doesn't it make you appreciate things more? Yes, good times I am sure...all of them.

10:42 AM, July 30, 2006  
Blogger JJ Brenner said...

I don't miss anything about being at home. In fact I hate my parents. Just kidding of course. Brent, I know you miss your mom, but I can't keep letting you sleep on my floor b/c you are lonely. Its just not working, you have your own bed.

2:04 PM, July 31, 2006  
Blogger The Paasch-inator said...

What an awesome post. I could say quite a few things I personally like about the Klontz household myself... I like your mom's points a lot. My sister and I had quite a bit of fun musing over the number of points that, at some point, mentioned FOOD. Gracious, it strikes me as quite unbelievable that you haven't blown up like a large balloon yet. ;) HA! That would be a sight.

REally, though, you should get up off of JJ's floor. It's a big enough house, in my opinion. ;)

God bless the Klontzes!!!

2:47 PM, July 31, 2006  
Blogger Brent Klontz said...

Mom-

Stop. . . no keep going. . . no Stop:)

Love You, Brent


JJ- Sorry about the drool on your floor . . . I'll work on that too!

2:22 PM, August 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey B, you have JJ for your techie questions now..!! how IS the ol' B of A.. for u..
--BRK--

7:50 PM, August 09, 2006  
Blogger Luke said...

Ahh, I remember the good old days when I lived with my parents. Wait... Nevermind, I thought I had a thought.

5:47 PM, November 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home