Monday, May 29, 2006

Why I Almost Needed a Diaper



The title gives much away, but I can not even begin to express how incredibly awesome my experience of skydiving was today. My brother and I joked before we went that we thought that maybe we should get a diaper just in case: ) Actually I have to say that skydiving wasn’t nearly as scary as driving with my brother Bryan in his Nissan 350Z on the way there.

Why would I jump out of a moving plane you ask? Well, I have always wanted to go skydiving and after reading the following sentence about it, I thought why not today?

“We cannot describe the unique sensations you will feel, but we will tell you that it will be your most exhilarating experience yet!”

After having jumped from a moving airplane at 13,000 feet, free-falling for about a minute at 120 miles per hour, racing to my death if not for the parachute, and seeing all of God’s creation from a heavenly perspective, I would have to say that it was one of the most exhilarating experiences that I’ve had yet.

However, though it was incredibly awesome, I would have to say that I’ve had a few more exciting times in my life. For those of you who are believers, skydiving doesn’t even compare with sharing your faith and seeing God use you in the salvation of a lost soul. For sharing the gospel is the most exhilarating experience apart from my own salvation . . . and it is free! Also, there are a few other experiences I’ve not yet had in life to compare this to (wink, wink) but all in all, on the fun scale, it was definitely a 10+!!

Brentcito bandito

8 Comments:

Blogger rustypth said...

Brent,

You are a brave brave man. Do you know what I am most afraid of? Heights! Ironically, I somehow love rollercoasters and airplanes, but I'm still afraid of heights =). You can bet that unless I'm drafted into the military, I will, Lord willing, never ever jump out of an aircraft =)

BUT I am so glad that you had fun. I cann't even imagine what it was like. I'm sure it was exhilerating.

Also, I completely agree with you that there is no experience like preaching the gospel of our Lord Jesus. What else is more important or more dear to the Christian?

Thanks so much for the encouragement at 4am =)

Talk to you soon, brother.

Case of Base

4:13 AM, May 30, 2006  
Blogger rustypth said...

before Hannah gets the chance, let me make fun of myself: "Uh, Case, can you say SPELLCHECK?! How about PROOFREADING?!"

...

*grin*

4:15 AM, May 30, 2006  
Blogger Heather said...

Brent,
Glad your alive! That totally sounds like fun though I think I would have to be pushed out to actually jump (while blindfolded and asleep). No actually I am glad you guys had the opportunity to finally try it. We will just live vicariously through you. : ? And I am glad it still does not compare to sharing the gospel.

6:38 AM, May 30, 2006  
Blogger JJ Brenner said...

Man, that sounds like a blast and a half. Great picture BTW.

9:03 AM, May 30, 2006  
Blogger The Paasch-inator said...

Thanks Casey. I'm glad you could do that for me. ;)

BRENT! I'm glad you survived! Praise the Lord that I forgot about that whole thing after you left on Sunday... I wouldn't have slept a wink if I had. ;) I'm glad that you enjoyed it... but I think I'll keep my two feet rooted firmly on the ground and let YOU risk your life above, um, solid earth. !!!!!!!

I second that, Casey... I am sincerely, COMPLETELY afraid of heights. I always dare myself, though. My love for adventure has led me to take a few chances for the sake of experience... but my worst nightmares usually include me or someone else important falling off a cliff at some point. ;) Oh gosh.

I'm glad that sharing the Gospel and making His name is more exciting still... that's something I can and PLAN to do without risking my life (most likely!). Praise the Lord that we live in a country where that IS the case.

God bless, Brent... I'm glad that you're safe and sound. (I can imagine that Bryan's driving was slightly more dangerous!!! Yours can be, um... exhilarating itself.)

~ Hannah

11:50 PM, May 31, 2006  
Blogger The Paasch-inator said...

Ooohh... and where did you get the "Brencito Bandito?" It fits you!!!! Very nice.

8:26 AM, June 02, 2006  
Blogger JJ Buckingham said...

Brent,

Sounds like you had a blast. I have not yet been sky diving, but I think that I would be something fun to try one of these days.

I think that it would be fun to bring my digital camera with me and take pictures all the way down.

JJ

1:45 PM, June 02, 2006  
Blogger mklontz said...

Hey, Brent,
Just heard about your Blogspot and was thrilled to read about 10 of your most recent ones (it might take me awhile to read them all, but why wouldn't I want to?!). I enjoyed each and every one, and am thrilled with what God is doing in your life!
I went on a roller coaster again a few years back, but couldn't get anyone else my age to join me! I did have some 2nd thoughts after I was strapped in, but learned some lessons about commitment, after it took off! :-)
I draw the line there though, and don't do skydiving, even though I've flown in lots of little planes in South America, and even the brand new Quest Kodiak airplane being built in Sandpoint, ID for use in remote locations--but no skydiving for me!
Keep in touch, your Uncle Mike

8:17 PM, June 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home