Friday, April 07, 2006

A Day Off Work

Well for those who know me, it is clear that I like to have about a million things on my plate in order to keep me going. Thus, anytime I have a day off work, I like to keep occupied with different things . . . in fact, I even make lists sometimes in order to make sure I stay completely occupied. Today was one of those days.

I started the day meeting with my good bud Clint. We hadn’t hung out for a few months, so we decided to go to the Good Egg; I learned that you should order an egg not a smoothie. What a great time of fellowship though!

Immediately following, I drove to my old college d-group leader’s house where Doug and I had a sweet time to talk about what God is doing in both our lives!

Having spent a great hour with my brother in Christ, I met Matt D. at the church where he gave me some good suggestions about preaching and serving the Lord in ministry. What a wonderful hour and I learned so much from him.

Following our time of conversation, we both headed to Quizno’s with some other student ministry staff guys, and we had a super-awesome time eating and talking about ministry and relevant topics about our culture.

Following that, I went back to the church and Matt helped me search the internet for my future car. Since I’m totally not a mechanical car guy, I’ve decided that I should probably get a new car before I start having any problems . . . I don’t know if I’m living by faith, I just know I can’t fix cars.

After looking at a few Honda’s, I drove over to South Valley Junior High where I picked up one of my d-group guys from school. We wanted to hang out and talk, so I picked him up and then we met another guy at the theatre to see Ice Age 2 . . . one of the most hilarious movies ever. Though the movie was great, the time of talking was even better. Man am I thankful that I have a God that is sovereign and in control. God truly is a solid foundation and is my rock and fortress. What a cool truth to remind others about through tough times.

After dropping both my guys off, I went over to study at Starbucks as I waited to take out a co-worker to dinner. He had just been promoted, and I wanted to thank him for being such a cool guy to work with.

As I was driving home, I decided to call my friends the Paaschs, and we ended up hanging out for a few hours and watching one of my favorite John Wayne movies of all time (Mclintock).

Driving home, I had a chance to finish listening to a message I preached this last week in junior high ministry, and I am now aware of many things I can work on for next time . . . which looks like will be sooner than I thought since I just got an email from the student ministries pastor at Camelback Bible who wants me to preach for him in a few weeks when he will be out of town. I am just blown away by the ministry that God is allowing me to be a part of. I am definitely not worthy, but I love Christ with all my heart, and my number one passion is to serve Him with all my being. Praise be to God! AMEN!

Well, there is a day off in the life of Brent Klontz; however, I’m looking forward to work tomorrow where I’ll have the opportunity of being Christ to a pagan world.

6 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Brent,
Sounds like you had a very fun and busy day. Thanks for bringing your movie out to play. Oh, and I would have to agree about Ice Age the Meltdown. Hannah, Amy, and I saw it opening night....yeah we cracked up and that little squirlie thing is the best part! You should never see those type of movies with us just to be forworned we laugh very loudly and quite often.

12:31 AM, April 08, 2006  
Blogger Kristie Braselton said...

Wow! No wonder you haven't blogged in a while!

3:32 PM, April 10, 2006  
Blogger The Paasch-inator said...

FYI... Heather is very, very right. Forewarning is a good thing. ;)

Hey, Brently, I love how you used your day off!!! I was wondering where you had been, what you had been doing... I was so excited when I actually got to read about your Day Off Work. And I am very honored to have played even a small role in it. ;)

God bless, Brent! I think days off work are a good practice. They should be continued. (!)

4:17 PM, April 10, 2006  
Blogger JJ Brenner said...

That sounds like quite the day Brent.

I'm glad to hear that you are getting to use your gift of teaching more within the church. Its good that those who have it can use it.

5:13 PM, April 10, 2006  
Blogger Brent Klontz said...

Heather, Hannah, and whoever else watched Ice Age 2, I doubt that you laughed as often or as loud did when I saw it. You know it's bad when people look around to see who is laughing so obnoxiously. Yep . . . guilty!

6:24 PM, April 10, 2006  
Blogger rustypth said...

still haven't seen IA2 yet. But I want to. Althouuuuuuuggggh, I would rather watch the Pink Panther for the third time =)

2:04 PM, April 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home