Friday, January 27, 2006

East Valley Bible Camp

Well, in about 1 hour I will arrive at EVBC and will proceed to start another camp experience. It will be to the same place as I taugt at last week, but this time I will simply be shepherding my own discipleship group. There are about 10 guys in my group that will be going . . . with a total of about 360 people in all.

Pray for my students: Andrew Andrade, Brett Bouchy, Mason Gailfus, Adam Garelick, Jonathan Heckart, Luke Kirstein, Brett Larsen, Jed Maughan, Michael Zowada, and Daniel Bremner. Pray that God would use this weekend to excite them to devote their lives to God alone. Though many of these guys are believers, I am praying that God would light them on fire; and for those who are not saved, that God would graciously save them.

I'm praying also for myself and that God would radically encourage my heart to follow Him with every ounce of my being. I want to love Him with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength. Is there any other way to love Him? Sadly the answer is yes, and I do this all too often.

4 Comments:

Blogger rustypth said...

I was telling Jayj that I think I will forever have the layout of Pine Summit engraved onto my brain. So many good memories there! Made some life long friendships there, spent some quality time with God there, woke up at a decent time to see the sunrise ... =)

I will be praying for you, Jayj, both of your guys' guys (if that makes sense) - that you would all have some time to just spend with God. Be encouraged in the Lord. I look forward to hearing about it when you get back.

Saved by free grace,
Rusty

3:19 PM, January 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is a very encouraging read! I found it yesterday, and read everything you've written in your archives. Today I found myself sharing Christ with others and the sudden need to pray fervently and completely surrender myself to God.

I've read lots of other blogs that give you how-to's-- your's is different. Thank you for sharing.

-CRI, a fellow fan of Switchfoot and Newsboys. :)

7:29 PM, January 27, 2006  
Blogger Brent Klontz said...

CRI- Thanks for the encouraging comment! All glory to God that you have been sharing Christ more with others and are being more faithful in prayer. Praise His name! BJK

3:38 PM, January 29, 2006  
Blogger The Paasch-inator said...

Brently! You'll have to tell me how your weekend was - I'm sure your experiences were probably somewhat different. :) I hope that you were really able to encourage your guys - and hopefully you aren't too tired - two junior high camps in a week, I can imagine, would be pretty taxing...
oh wait - I'm talking to Brent, the Energizer bunny :)
God bless you immensely, Brencito - see you on Wednesday (tomorrow!) - Hannah

6:58 AM, January 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home