Sunday, January 15, 2006

BURN

I want to burn for Christ. There really isn’t any other way of saying it, so I decided to just spit it out . . . I WANT TO BURN FOR CHRIST!!! The very act of burning could seem very sick or even morbid. But when I say that I want to burn for Christ, what I am saying is that I want to live such a radically passionate life for Jesus that people have no doubt that I am on fire for Him. John Wesley once said, “when you set yourself on fire, people love to come and see you burn.” I want to be the person that sets myself on fire and people can’t help but look at Christ in me. I want to so experience the presence of God that I am left shining for the world to see a display case of Gods glory. I am currently re-reading Tozer’s The Pursuit of God and there was a paragraph that made me strive to have the fiery urge to be driven by Christ and for him.

Tozer said, “The fiery urge that drove men like McCheyne is wholly missing. And the present generation of Christians measures itself by this imperfect rule. Ignoble contentment takes the place of burning zeal. We are satisfied to rest in our judicial possessions and, for the most part, we bother ourselves very little about the absence of personal experience.”

I never again want to be one who allows ignoble contentment to take the place of burning zeal. I want to personally experience the presence of God and I want my life to look radical. I love Jesus and I want the world to see that He is what fuels me. For his glory, Brent

1 Comments:

Blogger rustypth said...

AMEN - let your light shight brightly, like a city on a hill.

Thanks for the encouraging thoughts, and I hope you ever increase in your love for our God and Savior, Jesus Christ.

2:38 PM, January 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home