Thursday, September 08, 2005

Training Center Year 2

Well this last Tuesday morning at 5am marked the first day of year two in the Training Center at East Valley Bible Church. Not wanting to be late to this very early morning class, I decided I would set both of my digital alarms, my phone alarm, and if that wasn’t enough, my friend Josh Kellso—who is also a year 2 student—gave me a call at 4:10 to make sure I wasn’t still dreaming of Z’s. Though normally I don’t take this many precautions to ensure my vigilance, 4 am is not usually an hour that I see. Also, I was actually really excited to start up again even at the early hour.

The Training Center is a three year program of EVBC that trains men for the work of ministry (pastors, elders, missionaries, significant laymen, etc.) I am blessed and privileged to be a part of this exceptional opportunity, and I am humbled at how God has grown my love for Him through this training. Pastor Chris Mueller is our instructor for the weekly gathering from 5-7:30, and he definitely has a heart for the Lord, a passion for training men, and I think a mission to give many hours of grueling homework. However, unlike many of the papers and assignments that I had in college, every assignment in the TC is significantly related to ministry, and is thus, extremely exciting.

Last year we went through the whole Bible learning and memorizing many themes and ministry passages of the Bible. We covered most all of the theologies, and we also spent a quarter on practical theology and how to counsel, discern, and think and respond more Biblically in all situations. Now that we have many of the basics down, this year will consist of training in order for us to learn to be better shepherds . . . this includes teaching and preaching, expositional Greek using Libronix software, the heart and life of a shepherd, and etc.

I am so excited about this year in the TC, and I can’t wait to see how God will continue to sanctify me through the process of the next two years.

2 Comments:

Blogger rustypth said...

how exciting. lemme know how it goes

4:44 PM, September 12, 2005  
Blogger JJ Brenner said...

Ahh the TC. I would love to do that one day, but that's not my call. i leave that one to a higher power.

5:12 PM, September 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home