Tuesday, August 15, 2006

My Jesus is Always on Display

A couple of weeks ago I helped some clients who were Mormon. We had developed some rapport . . . enough so that they even asked me, “so when are you going to join the church?” I told them that I was a Christian to which they replied, “So are we.” YUCK! Anyway, I moved on and haven’t thought too much about that until today when one of them came in furious. What about? A card he had ordered didn’t come the exact way he had specified. He was angry and mad and I couldn’t help but remember that this guy had actually invited me to his church. Wow! I quickly began to realize that when I claim to be a Christian, my Jesus (the only true Jesus) is always on display as well. Though I had already known this truth, it has simply been made more concrete. I am suddenly more aware of my own dealings with people that I do business with and how I have not always been the best display case for Christ. I now resolve to live my life as a display case for Christ regardless of whether things go my way or not!

6 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

That is great....well, not that that happened but that you saw the situation from the other side of things. I remember that whole idea of a display case being brought up by Tim or Tom or Tyler at one of the many camps and how hard that truth hit at the time. I am glad God reminded you and thanks for the reminder!

6:20 AM, August 16, 2006  
Blogger Brian said...

Yes, thanks for the reminder. Christ is on display with all of our dealings, and how often we forget this because we want things our way.

12:01 PM, August 17, 2006  
Blogger JJ Buckingham said...

So true Brent. I actually had a manager that claimed to be a Mormon and told me that if everyone went to church, the world would be a better place. He ofcourse knew that I was a Christian, because I talked to him about getting Sundays off or at least a portion of a Sunday to attend church. He was in fact the biggest jerk of a manager that I have ever worked for. At times he was easiy to talk to and other times, I wished that I could have crawled into a hole and hid until he was over his temper.

We do need to remember who we are representing, especially if we are proclaiming to the world that we are Christian. Easier said than done, but we must never give up.

2:31 PM, August 20, 2006  
Blogger rustypth said...

how true is it that everything we do reflects upon our God

3:33 PM, August 22, 2006  
Blogger rustypth said...

seeing how I haven't been updating as often lately either, i really shouldn't be posting this comment, but I couldn't resist ... =)

your BLOG is on display as well. UH!

lol

3:28 PM, August 30, 2006  
Blogger Amy said...

mmm...yeah, I know I shouldn't be talking but where have all the blog updates gone?

2:26 PM, September 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home