Wednesday, February 09, 2005

INTERNATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES AGAIN

Well in a previous blog, "International Opportunities," I had mentioned that God allowed me to invite two international Spanish students out the following week to IN-N-OUT burger. I now just praise his name that he allowed me an opportunity to show the love of Christ to these great guys by actually going out this last Monday. Rodolfo is from Mexico City, Ramon is from Honduras, and I am really glad for their friendship. Neither of them have a car, so we took the flash bus out to my tight ride in Lot 59 and then we drove over to get some tasty burgers. From previous conversations, I found that Ramon professes to be a Christian, but I didn't have a clue where Rodolfo was at. Through the converation I told them that I really enjoy swing dancing, but I have been told that in Mexico, it isn't really socially acceptable for a Christian to dance because of the negative connotations. This conversation led to a great understanding of where Rodolfo was at as a Catholic. It seems like he is more of a social Catholic, but his roots are very strong.
We had some great chances to talk, eat (Rodolfo thoroughly enjoyed his first IN-N-OUT experience), and just have fun hanging out. Both guys are great and I found myself laughing frequently. One very humorous conversation for me was when they shared about the exquisite wines, beer, and drinks that they both enjoy occasionally. I am so glad that God is bringing some non-believing friends in my life. For me, it is so easy to just enjoy the frienship of Christians, and forake to really reach out to those that are a little different than me. This is a huge answer to prayer, and I look forward to many more answers like this one.
By the end of the night, they were both extremely grateful that I would take them out, and we're planning on dinner again next Monday night after class at a restaurant by ASU.

"Dear Lord, Thank you so much for the blessing of friendship, and the chance as well to be salt and light to this culture. I pray that you would open the eyes of Rodolfo to see you for who you are and please relinquish the strongholds of his Catholic heritage. Also, if Ramon is truly your child, please strengthen him in his walk with you. I love you so much . . . but help me to love you more and more."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home