Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Brother Sanctification

This blog really goes out to my sister Kaydee and her boyfriend Kraig, and how they have sharpened me by their God honoring relationship.

I walked out this morning to a very unusual scene in my front yard. My sister Kaydee and my mom had both been balling as they had just come from the airport after dropping off Kraig. He had surprised my sister by flying in from California, where he lives, for her 17th birthday. . . good move by the way Kraig; ) Though at first I was very reluctant to see them dating since they are only seniors in high school, I have seen that they are both becoming more conformed to the likeness of Christ.

However, this whole brother thing is a lot harder than it looks. When they were first starting to date, I think that I discovered more of my weaknesses than I ever thought existed. . . and I wasn't even the one dating. I struggled with what it looked like to be the protective older brother, and the loving older brother at the same time. I thought it was my job to ward off all those smelly things that were trying to pursue my sister, and make sure she waited until she could date Jesus. Then I thought to myself, I hope I'm never interested in a girl that has a brother like me. Anyway, I have been very sanctified in my original thought that there is only one right way to date . . . my way. Yeah, needless to say, I was corrected, and am now learning that not only is there more than one way to date, but for as many people that are on this earth, there is probably that many ways. The only thing that I think I had right was the idea that any relationship should be meant to glorify God and leave the other person with a deeper love for Jesus Christ than had they never met.

Kraig and Kaydee have done this in an amazing way and I am so proud of both of them. . . However Kraig, remember that I still have my guns, machetes, bats, and chain saws. . . Just Joking. . . Kind of. . . Not really.

Finally I believe I completely understand sisters, girls, and relationships. . . Yeah. . . . Maybe not completely understand them, but I have at least learned that surprising a girl on her birthday, praying for her every morning, talking frequently on the phone(like 10x a day. . . Yuck), and loving Jesus first are all definitely good things to build a relationship!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger rustypth said...

Wow. Flying in! Sounds like a good guy

10:04 PM, February 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home