Sunday, May 20, 2007

Bittersweet Goodbye

For all who have ever prayed that God would open a ministry position at Camelback Bible Church, I thank you so much. The first month for me at CBC has been such a joy and God has already been blessing the ministry. Though I am so incredibly blessed to be at CBC, it was still a bittersweet goodbye as I left my home church of 10 years.

The following is a letter that I wrote to EVBC staff and Elders before I started working at Camelback Bible Church.

“Changed lives, change lives”
April 20, 2007

Dear EVBC Staff and Elders:

I wanted to extend my deepest thanks and appreciation for all the work that you are doing and have done to advance the kingdom of God through East Valley Bible Church. Over the last 10 years, I have had the joys of being a part of what I believe is one the best churches in the world. God has grown me in so many ways as he allowed me attend and serve at EVBC.

Through this service God has developed in me a passion to advance his kingdom in the lives of students and has given me many opportunities to serve him as a lay staff leader for the student ministries here at EVBC. I was also privileged to have been trained for pastoral ministry through The Training Center and by being under the leadership of such wise and Godly leaders and elders at East Valley Bible Church.

Now God has called me to go out into God’s universal church and bless as I have been blessed. As of May 1st, God has given me an opportunity to be more involved in pastoral ministry as a pastoral intern at Camelback Bible Church in Phoenix. I am very excited to be able to be sent out to serve God’s universal church with the passion, gifts, and abilities that you have helped to grow in me.

I look forward to being used in this new capacity, though I will greatly miss you all and my home at EVBC. Please pray that God would use me greatly at Camelback Bible Church and that he would make it as much a home for me as East Valley Bible Church has been.

Thank you again and may God bless your faithful service!

With love and thanks,
Brent Klontz
Pastoral Intern, Camelback Bible Church
“FRUIT HAPPENS”

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Whoever came up with the word "bittersweet" should be given a medal. Brent, I'll pray that the "sweet" part of that word grows more and more as God uses you at Camelback :')

7:08 PM, May 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is it breaking the rules if i post on your blog?? .... =)

what a lovely letter, brently. you always articulate appreciation so well. i'm sure the leadership at evbc felt so loved.

hope you're loving life in the desert...but not too much. =) --sjc

8:29 PM, May 21, 2007  
Blogger JJ Brenner said...

Sari,

Yes, it is against the rules.

Come back! Brent misses you and I'm not a very good substitute for cuddling.

Brent,

So excited to see you move into ministry bro! God's doing great things in your life.

4:55 PM, May 30, 2007  
Blogger Luke said...

:*(


Brent...I'll miss you man. We've been through a lot, well, I don't know... maybe. But still, I hope that you have just as good a life in CBC as you did at EVBC.

EVBC does have a longer acronym...is that why you left? One more letter you couldn't just stand writing?

Just messin'

We'll miss you!

1:21 PM, May 31, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think you need an update, brently john!
love,
a certain iowan....

11:59 PM, July 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home